Last connections to the to the censors and fans. I should have bought and installed that wire management box. I was thinking that naah I don't need one. I'll just use zip-ties...
Also made due with just one led strip. After cutting it I pealed the connectors open and soldered new wires on it. Finished it with some heat shrink. and it worked nicely.
Well I guess when I get everything working I will try to figure a way to make the wires tied nicely.
At the end of the instruction set there is a chapter on testing. I connected Arduino to my laptops USB and fired up the serial monitor.
From this log I could deduct that EC sensor and the Water temperature sensor are not giving a measurement.
Other then that all sensors work. Wonder whats going on with the EC sensor?
Next up the actuators. Nothing worked. Damn I was hoping all would go like in the movies and I could just turn my FC on and start growing.
While troubleshooting I noticed that Protoshield was wired totaly wrong for the Fan/Led actuators. No wonder it did not work. My wiring made no sense. Fixed that and tried again. Now I can turn the fans and leds on and off.
Grow lights, humidifier and heater still do not work. Can't turn them on or off. I figured that the relay board must be busted.
Lights on it turn on and off when I command in the serial monitor but the relays do not click.
I think I also might have a connection issue. I connected each of the sockets to a relay port. It might be that the grow light sockets are controlled by one relay. That is an easy fix but still the relay board does not work so ordered a new one.
The humidifier hack continues.
I added the pipe to the humidifier element. Lots of sealant and let it dry. After this I tested it but the bloody thing keeps leaking. It is the rubber seal around the small element. Need to figure out a way to seal that. I think I read somewhere that one of you good builders have it working upside down. Need to check out that and see how that does not leak.
Up next is to make the humidifier work and try out if replacing the relay board solves my problem Not to forget the EC and water temp sensors...
The end is in sight. Soon I will be growing salads