How to prepare for PFC 2.0

I want to build a food computer and saw there is 2.0 version soon, is there something to do to prepare for it, maybe reading material or physical materials to prepare?

Thank you,
Ido

Has anyone heard when 2.0 will be coming out? Last timeline I heard was the Aug-Sep originally posted.

November 15th as stated in the post

Thanks! Missed that one

Hello,

I would like to know about the software too if possible please, I already know how to use Arduino but do I have to learn Raspberry pi ? and what other languages that I might learn to help me achieve more ?

Thanks a lot and I hope we all have great success

at the risk of ripping off Oasis…TODAY IS GONNA BE THE DAY :wink: Check for a new thread in the forum for V2.0 release

Does PFC 2.0 include new hardware designs? In other words, can I follow the PFC 1.0 hardware build guide without a bunch of work for myself when upgrading to 2.0?

HI,

The PFC V1 uses different hardware then V2. You can find the V2 BOM (and other info) here: http://wiki.openag.media.mit.edu/openag/food_computer_2.0/food_computer_2.0. However you could in theory build a V1 PFC and control it using the V2 electronics, sensors, and actuators.