Getting some qualified success.
The file not found error is generic to local or github. It turns out I didn't have the *.h file properly committed in Github, and once it was committed, the build progressed.
Warning: rosrun openag_brain flash is tempermental. More times than not I got timeout errors (especially when verifying the upload). I also got an error of 99-platformio-udev.rules not found, but this can be ignored as the system figures out the port (reboot helped here). Keep re-running the flash, and It does eventually give a successful flash.
I am still not sure what it takes to build a sensor. My code, BPM180 barometric sensor - which works in Arduino, would compile and show up in rostopic, but would not give any output. I backed off and loaded the hardware_fixture and hardware_fixture_type from http://forum.openag.media.mit.edu/t/hackers-needed-help-run-2-0-software-on-1-0-hw/694/64 (since I have a TSL2561 LUX sensor) and it happily outputs data through rostopic, the database and the UI.
- I know I a working build of OpenAg
- I have a repeatable process for setting up a sensor
- The data flow works from the Adruino through the UI
Next steps are to get the TSL2561 working with my code, then getting the BPM180 running. At that point I will try to document the steps for building and installing a new sensor.