Flashing the Arduino is becoming a pain (flash burns:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
rosrun openag_brain flash
The compile is going fine, it is the avrdude talking with Arduino (Duo: MEGA 2560) that seems to be the problem. I am lucky if a run takes only 150 seconds, but more often over 400 seconds.
I am working at loading some sensor data to the Arduino, and 1 out of 8 times it fails avrdude: verifying …
Everything goes smoothly till avrdude starts:
- avrdude says the device is initialized
- usually does the Reading without issues
- Writing starts spitting timeout message(but finishes). These timeouts always show up.
- final Reading takes a bit longer with more timeouts
- It then starts verifying and will throw a mismatch and exits with error.
I have tried swapping out the USB cable to see if the connection was a problem, but to no avail.
- Is this the nature of the beast?
- Is this indicative of an Arduino problem (hardware or firmware)? Loading via the Arduino IDE does not have any issues.