Hi there fellow farmers!
Just would like to share the food computer design we are building here in the Philippines.
- ~ 300 USD cost to build (will post BOM later when we complete the system)
- Styrofoam box 2.5 CM thickness 36x58x47 CM
- Particle photon as a controller (we had some problems with getting the arduino mega and raspberry pi working)
- Temp & humidity sensor inside and outside the box
- 432 SMD 5050 LED in strip form factor (3:1 red-blue ratio) with shrinkrapped plastic around the board
- ATX PSU 450 watt Power Supply
- Freestanding hot and cold water cooler, CPU water cooling system radiator, and submersible pump - our outside temperature is 25-35 degrees celsius so our main concern is cooling down the growing environment.
- ultrasonic piezo for fogponics (to be added later when our bail grows).