Curious to know what forum software this is?

I feel weird posting this here. If it is not appropriate you can delete this post/topic.

Hi, i have friend who is interested in starting an open plant breeding forum. I really like the look of this forum. Do you know what forum software it is? Is it open source? is it some sort of plugin for wordpress?

Thanks,
-Andrew

I’d be interested to be a part of that community, please create a post when it’s up and running.

@BioLumo, I’ve really appreciated some of your older posts. I’m curious if you’re still growing indoors at all, I’m glad to see you back on here!

Thanks @Webb.Peter! Yes, actually i am! quite minimally at the moment though. I got very busy and so my idea of a food cube made out of that t-slot and white shower tile stuff was never finished. I hope to come back to it and finish it soon. But i’ve been busy with school and other projects. And thanks! I need to start browsing the forum and catching up. Maybe i will update a thread about my summer plant breeding projects this summer.

okay i will remember to come and let you know about it if and when it is up and running. I am going to suggest they use a good modern forum software like Discourse. It should be showing up under the newly formed OSSI Open Source Seed Initiative website. Currently the old plant breeding forum i visit is the Alan Bishop Homegrown Goodness forum. But it is older software and is showing it’s age. Still HG has a wealth of unique plant breeding information, unique and interesting plant breeding projects, and a cool seed sharing network. Check it out even though it’s old.

Those big LED grow lights i mentioned before really came in handy and really work. I don’t like how much UV light leaks out though and the red/blue color scheme is hard on my eyes. Next time i will get some that have full white spectrum or have more white leds built in.

But yes, i am currently growing an F2 [Solanum pennellii x domestic tomato] hybrid indoors this winter! It is a massive huge monster tomato plant! Let me see if i can post a picture or two. My crappy phone camera does not do this thing justice and it is already bigger than when i took the picture!

20171122_224539-1

20171110_100319_cropped