Gipuzkoa is the name of the provincial council where I live, in the Basque Country (Spain). And the project “Food Computer a la guipuzcoana” is a spanish pun that seems a cooking recipe. Here the cookery is almost a religion , the people (and tourist too) appreciate a lot a good meal. And I thought that FC could be very interesting in that context.
But my real interest is how to cultivate in almost every place, the @Caleb 's serendipity in Fukushima was a big influence for me. I developed in December a successful crowdfunding campaign to develop the project and now I’m in the run.
I have some goals in the context of this project:
- Try to work only with 12V DC to have possibilities in an off-grid context.
- Use of ormus, sea-crop or similar and biofertilisers instead of A+B solution and chemicals. They could be produced locally at low scale.
- Search an adequate mix of spirulina, vegs and worm composting to create an almost closed device.
- The Array of modules must be enclosed in 2x0,5x2 m3 .
- 2 MVP kits and 2 MVP kits with workshop will be rewards for some people that contribute in the campaign.
- A complete FC 2.0 with the experience achieved building and growing with MVPs.
- Perhaps make a try with a little aquaponics module.
My main goal is make easier to build, distribute and use of FCs in all kind of context: R&D, education, cookery, farms, cities… I think that FC concept is quite hard and MVP is more realistic. So, I start with MVPs and try to raise the bar step by step.
Thanks a lot,