Help with Mechanical

Hello. I’m not finding the directions very intuitive… I’m trying to get the mechanical parts built. I have contacted the recommended companies Plethora and Xometry and mentioned this project. Neither company had any idea of what I was talking about. Are these companies vetted? Have they been used before by the group?

Secondly, the link on
https://wiki.openag.media.mit.edu/pfc_edu_3.0#getting_pfc_edu_parts_manufactured
points to a GitHub repository. Its not very clear which files one would give to the mechanical contractors.

I would benefit from some more pointed direction for this part.
Thanks!

1 Like

It seems right now that finding someone to manufacture the mechanical parts for the food computer is the hardest part and often cost prohibitive. I believe it is the “cut files” that you would need to send to these companies, but the files themselves may need cleanup and organization before sending them to a manufacturing company with professional standards.

Hello, can you help me have clean files?

Best Regards, and Tks

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Yes, I’ve stopped any work on this. I have the interest but not the time to figure it all out. When the files/instructions are more helpful, I may resume.