Is the current BOM still relevant?

Hey Everyone! I’m a student currently planning to build a food computer at my local community college (just got funding and am about to order parts) and was wondering if anyone knows the extent to which the hardware differs between versions 1.0 and 1.1. I really want to start preparations for this project ASAP, as I had already postponed it over the summer when it looked like the new release would come out in August/September. Would it be okay for me to still reference the BOM for the frame of the computer so I can at least get something started before mid-November (or whenever the next version ends up rolling out)?

There hasnt been much about the v2.0 (or is it 1.1?) version posted yet. From what i gather the MIT team is trying to put all thier ducks in a row and document the process better than 1.0 and will release the new design soon, i think late November.

I gather that they want the software and electronics to be compatible between both versions so i expect 90% of the electronics or hardware related to electronics to remain the same. The main difference between v1.0 and 2.0 hardware is significant and maybe only 20% the same. Version 1 was designed with average everyday hardware but expensive, version 2 should be more elegant with CNC custom milled aluminum which may or may not be cheaper but not available online or at your local hardware store.

You can either wait until november for 2.0, go ahead and build a 1.0, or buy just the electronics and wait until the new hardware comes out.