Didn’t see this anywhere but a challenging area. I’ve tested many of these for monitoring nute levels with Arduino Yun in my recirculating aeroponic reservoir aka 7 gallon bucket.
- Electrical resistance - too short and corrode too fast
- Infrared - unreliable
- Ultrasonic - unreliable and dependent on monitoring ait temp/humidity in bucket
- Waterproof Ultrasonic - unreliable and big deadzone
- Capacitive Sensing
- Tried Vegetronix - didnt work/expensive
- hacked dual metal strips outside container - couldnt get any readings
- eTape - inaccurate/expensive
- Time of Flight (lidar) - TBD
Anyone got any tips or tricks?