OpenAg™ Personal Food Computer v2.0 (beta) [Documentation Release]

Hi there - the excel sheet in the zip file on github only has one tab ‘Ordering BOM’ not two as listed in step one of the instructions. Please advise - thanks!

I reached out to the Transition team for Nation of Makers (non-profit that has Adam Savage as a board member) asking them to drop by and participate in the forums and help our community members. After contacting them I realized that Kipp, the guy making the chiller unit for the PFC V2 is ON the transition team for NOM.

hi,I want some information about the Personal Food Computer, I want to know how it works and the principle of machine work.Where can I find this information?

@Forever The information on how it’s built and what’s included is above. If you’re looking for a general overview. I suggest reading the wiki or watching the TED Talk. I’ll link them below.

Thanks,but I want some detail,such as “What is the function of the bottle in the machine?‘’ ,“How to provide nutrients to plants”.
Or some details after the completion of the photo.:slight_smile:

@Forever - I’m working on a user-friendly guide to the PFC v2 and all of its components. It was originally meant for educators and students, but you may find it handy. I’ll post a link once I finish. If there is anything else you are looking for but can’t seem to find on the wiki or GitHub, give me a holler.

Thank you very much.I am a high student.
Hope to add some pictures of the finished product to the guide.
When you’re done, please give me a holler.:grinning:

Has anyone suggested simulating wind conditions? Maybe shaking based on a wind profile that includes things like duration and intensity would produce the desired effects. I recently read that an industry veteran in hydroponics (Christian?) still thought that LED grown plants were sickly compared to natural light grown ones. It lead me to wonder if the wind adds to the overall health of the plant and if we’re looking in the wrong direction when we blame the lighting.

Thanks for the hard work!

I think there is a part missing from the BOM—there are lines for the pH/EC probes themselves and the EZO circuits but reading the EZO circuit documentation some kind of EZO carrier board (and plug in which to plug in the probes) is also necessary. I assume it’s this!/Electrically-Isolated-EZO™-Carrier-Board-ISCCB/p/70295131 ? apologies if I missed it on the BOM, but I don’t think it’s there. @jake @gordonb @tim

It’s built into the signal board :slight_smile:

how about your user-friendly guide now ?
Now,I am beginning to build my mini PFC.
I am waiting your guide!

Be patient my friend!!! I’m waiting the PFC 2.0 one year now and finally we are at pre-release version… i hope that master release don’t take long :slight_smile:

ok,When you’re finished remember to tell me.
In fact, I have not used Raspberry Pi, so I do not understand the working principle of PFC.
And Nutrient solution supply and water circulation system.

I am also trying to scale up the design of the PFC. Have you scaled up your design yet? I would love to start a conversation about what specifically must be changed to account for the increased size of the bath/ frame, and would love any advice you have! Thank you!

What have you all been using for LED lights?

Food Servers:
Scale up conversation thread
Food Server Documentation

Custom V2 Light
Foam Farm Lighting
DIY COB LED Lighting (My personal favorite)

Hope that helps, goodluck!

Thanks a lot. Let see how this goes. :wrench:

how much it costs to build a PFC…?

Depends on where you live. You also can’t get every part yet (lights, chiller).

Here is a link to a post where they added prices to the BOM and came up with $2914.
You can buy a kit from this community member here and build it yourself for $4800 (no lights & chiller).
If you contribute $5000 to the Digital Farm Lab’s Kickstarter they will build you one (no lights & chiller).

Roughly how long did it take to build a PFC?