Questions regarding PFC V2.0

I’d like to open up a Q&A post regarding the next version of the PFC currently in development. Here are a few things I’d like to know so I can plan accordingly.

1. Are the recipes developed for version v1.0 going to be compatible with v2.0?
  2. Is any of the hardware that was obtained for v1.0 going to be reusable or even needed if we plan to upgrade? Is v2.0 a rip and replace upgrade?
  3. Is v2.0 going to utilize aeroponics instead of hydroponics like v1.0 does?

I’d also like to ask a question re v2. I understand v2 is primarily about making a cheap easy to assemble and manufacture flat pack food computer so a lot of the design focus will be on that but it would be great to hear your thoughts on the following:

What lessons did you learn from v1 that are NOT cost or ease of build related that you’re incorporating in to v2 that we might want to consider incorporating into our v1 builds? For example, in the picture on the blog post I noticed that there appeared to be an extra tube light on the side, why is that and should we be doing the same?

Thanks!

Are the recipes developed for version v1.0 going to be compatible with v2.0?
The idea of how a recipe operates will be the same but the formatting will be slightly different. However transferring recipes into the new format will be easy to do.

Is any of the hardware that was obtained for v1.0 going to be reusable or even needed if we plan to upgrade? Is v2.0 a rip and replace upgrade?
The next version software will have the ability to support any hardware. We are striving to make it hardware agnostic. The next version kit will likely be a complete system kit. It is likely some components will carry over yet but it is too early to give a definitive answer yet.

Is v2.0 going to utilize aeroponics instead of hydroponics like v1.0 does?
The plan is to still utilize hydroponics.

Lessons
Invest in higher quality ph/ec sensors
Extra tube light? Not sure what that is about…

Thanks @Jake! Looking at the picture again it might just be the reflection of the grow light off the side of the new shell.

Hey All updating the V2 release…TODAY!!! check for it as a new thread OpenAG Personal Food Computer V2.0 (alpha)