Hi, just to share ideas
If I’m correct:
- the software running on the controller is written in C++
- On the other hand the software on the server is written in python.
- For microcontrollers I was listening a few weeks ago to a podcast where they mentioned http://www.espruino.com/
- Server side node.js (runs on all major os’es)
- And of course, UI in HTML5 stack (Browser, client app in electron, mobile in Cordova or NativeScript,…)
Another interesting idea is to have the possibility today to update the software on the microcontrollers remotely, for example codepush or other nice ALM technique.
My personal opinion
- one language/tooling for all platforms
- larger community to contribute
- a lot of open source libraries (for example reactjs could be a very nice library to stream events from controller to server and visa versa)
- fast evolving language, tooling, libs,…
- Sharing codebase a cross different platforms (eg. web, mobile, but also common classes, etc.)
What is your opinion?