Wiring diagram for PFC v2

I can’t find the wiring diagram in “How to Build and Run a PFC”.
I really want to know whether there is any proper wiring diagram for PFC v2 or v2.1.
I believe it is very effective for the biggner, like myself, to understand a PFC, to check it with BOMs privided, simulate the circuit with the necessary softwares to verify “own made PFC” step by step before building actual one.
If there is, please let me know.

Hi @nobuhiko417,

We created a wiring diagram that you can find here. It should be correct but let me know if you run into any issues and my team would be more than happy to help out.

Also, if you are feeling ambitious, I am sure the community would appreciate a more formal wiring diagram (i.e., taking the whiteboard wiring diagram and creating it in Eagle).

Cheers!
Adrian

Thank you. I saw this white board and also next one which indicates how to connect the relay timer.
And then I found another wiring diagram drawn by Eagle which is provided as “Open AG Signals PC board” version 1 on Jul/2016. I try to figure out the relation of these three materials with BOM provided in “Getting Start”. However I’m not sure this BOM itself is the latest one or not.
There are some questions on the first white board since I cant see it clearly. Please let me know.

1. Right top of the white board, I recognize MEGA 2560.
    What is the one underneath of it, marked (PR)?
  2. And what is the square mark just underneath of it?
  3. There is a material having number from K1 to K16…
    Is this a IC module, like SN754410?
  4. There is a table of “K, ???, Eqip. RMKs”
    What is “???” ?
    Thank you in advance.

@nobuhiko417 See responses in bold below.

Best,
Adrian

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your help.
I could understand the diagram of the first and second photograph of white board show the connections with equipment, like heaters, leds, pumps with relays of DC12V which are controlled by the commands of RPi through MEGA2650 and connections of switches to Rpi’s GIOP.
Question 1. There is a “Power Switch (PS)” at the left top. Which item of BOM is this?
Question 2. There is a “Power Entry” just underneath of PS. Is this “Roker switch DFDT 20A AC277V for panel mount”?
Question 3. There is a teminal of 24V. I guess this is the power for LEDs for grwing plants. But BOM does not indicate the source so I’m not sure of these specification.
Question 4. The third photograph of white board provided by JMarking shows the connection of “Relay Timer Switch”. Is this necessary? I don’t have any hardwerar yet except Rpi and MEGA 2650. I try to simulate the circuit with temporary test devices.

Hi @nobuhiko417

Power Switch: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bulgin/C6060ALBB-1197W-B/1091-1204-ND/3459508
Power Entry: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/qualtek/723W-X2-04/Q206-ND/245547

That’s for the chiller. The lights are 12V. If you are not going to make the chiller, there is no need to obtain this item.

I do not think it is necessary. The relay timer switch is meant to allow the RPi to properly shutdown when power is cut-off from the FC. This is similar to what a desktop/laptop computer does upon shutdown.

Best of luck on your build! Deploy or Die! Don’t just be a spectator. As a heads up, I think the configuration on the software end is such that you need all of the sensors attached in order for the brain to function properly. Otherwise, the brain will throw up an error.

Thank you again for your help and encouragement. I’ll move into the next step.
My object of PFC is to utilize the recipies available or provide ones through my experience. I believe this is the main object of OpenAg, too. So I’d like to build PFC ASAP.
But in Japan, It is very difficult to obtain all parts according to th BOM. The total cost of all parts, if I can purchase through Amazon Global or Digikey etc discribed in the BOM, is around US$5000 at least. So, I believe I have to modify its BOM so that I can obtain suitable alternatives in Japan. I think my next step is to analyze the software comparing with the wiring diagram.

Good luck nobuhiko417. If you know C++ then you can modify the Arduino code to accommodate a different set of sensors and actuators then are “stock” for the PFC V2. If you run into any specific issues with sensors or actuators let us know.
Joe

@nobuhiko417 I’m curious where in Japan you’re located. I am employed by Panasonic and am planning to visit their facilities in Fukishima/Osaka. I’d love to know someone who speaks Japanese :joy: when I visit and plan to reach out to several other Plant Factories for tours on my visit as well.

I’m hoping to attend this, perhaps you’re interested as well:

If you haven’t looked into Chiba university, it’s definitely worth investigating.

Hi!. Thank you. I know the basic of C++ but I’m not professional. So I need some time to realise it.
From your suggestion, I guess you use a different set of sensors by yourself. If so and If you don’t mind, would you please let me know the manufactures’ names of compatible sensors which you use. I want to check the availability in Japan.

I live in Kobe. I’m very interested to visit Plant factories. So, I’m lovely to come with you if it is possible.
Please let me know your plan.

I am familiar with the sensors on the V1 Food Computer, V2 Food Computer, and the mvp. If you dig out the BOM’s for these products you will find the part numbers. Speaking totally off the top of my head I find the si7021(air humidity and temperature) and ds18b20 (water temperature) sensors to be cheap readily available sensors in the USA. You can purchase PH and EC handheld sensors (https://www.amazon.com/Newdy-Aquarium-Hydroponics-0-00-14-00-Measurement/dp/B07D6QQM7V/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1532552492&sr=8-30&keywords=ph+sensor) for $15 US on Amazon USA.

Thank you. Both si7201 and ds18b20 seem to be good and I can easily obtain them.
By the way, while I surfed on the several discussions on the hardware, I found “MVP” which many members recommend for the beginner. This unit is unique and is affordable for me to start while I study the details of PFCv2.