Wiring the brain-modul

I’m building the brain-module at the moment. Following the guide.

and it’s coming along, but I’m having trouble understanding number 21 and 22, all the others make sense, but here I’m a little lost.

21:
Connect Molex JR 2-Pos Recepticle-to-Recepticle with “12V@3” and “K1” Labels on 21" Red Leads with 15" Black Interconnect (WIR-HAR-0007) “K1-COM” labelled red wire to K1-COM and the “K1-NO” labelled red wire to K1-NO on the 16-Channel Relay Board
22:
Connect Molex JR 2-Pos Recepticle-to-Recepticle with “12V@4” and “K9” Labels on 21" Red Leads with 15" Black Interconnect (WIR-HAR-0036) “K9-COM” labelled red wire to K9-COM and the “K9-NO” labelled red wire to K9-NO on the 16-Channel Relay Board

Is there a good soul who can explain or even better draw a quick hand-drawing of connecting wires described in 21 and 22?

Kind regards
Jesper Markling

I am creating a wiring schematic diagram for the PFC v2

Dear,
21" == 21 inch long.
step 21 become.
21 inch Red coloured wire lead with a 15 inch Black coloured wire lead from 2 position (Molex JR type connector ) the cable part no in the BOM named WIR-HAR-007 the red end connected to 16-Channel Relay Board the K1 numbered relay named “COM” lead (NO-COM-NC : normal open, common, normal close,when K1 not energized , and the “K1-NO” red wire, one end connect to K1-NO. the other end ???(not in this step.

Here is my understanding, of no 21.

Take two 21" red leds, connect them to two different Molex JR 2-Pos Recepticle and connect the two molex plugs with 15 "inch black led. , take the two now lose red leds and connect them to K1-COM and the "K1-NO port on the relay board. and mark the wires accordingly.

Is this right?

The labled 12V@1, 12V@2, 12v@3,12V@4, were connected from power supply to delivery DC12V to 12V Bus 1 , 12V Bus 2, heater 1 and heater 2

WIR-HAR-0036 and WIR-HAR-007 are the same constructed with different lable on them

there are two recepticles 3wire, two red one black
12V@3 Recepticle---------------------red---------K1-COM
12V@3 Recepticle-------black------+
|
K1 Recepticle-------black-------+
K1 Recepticle------------------------red-------- K1-NO

Red wire always near the hook

REF:
Female Terminal use with Receptacle

I am almost go to connect the wires to the relay broad ,hope my understanding is correct.

Thank you. for your input.
Here is where I’m at the moment,see picture,

I’m now stuck on no 32… from the instructions,
Connect Molex JR 3-Pos Recepticles with “K8@1” and “K8@2” Labels, Spliced together with “K8-NC” and “K8-NO” labelled leads (WIR-HAR-0014) K8@1 black wire to GND Bus 1, Terminal 8, K8@2 black wire to GND Bus 2, Terminal 7, red wire labelled “K8-NC” to Relay Block K8-NC and red wire labelled “K8-COM” to Relay Block K8-COM

And from the wire-reference:

K8@1 Recepticle Black Wire GND Bus 1, Terminal 8 WIR-HAR-0014
K8@1 Recepticle Center Red Wire Relay Block K8-NO
K8@1 Recepticle Outer Red Wire Relay Block K8-NC
K8@2 Recepticle Black Wire GND Bus 2 Terminal 7
K8@2 Recepticle Center Red Wire Relay Block K8-NO
K8@2 Recepticle Outer Red Wire Relay Block K8-NC

Should I understand it, as the the wires going to K8-No and K8-NC should be spliced as the following picture illustrate?

Brain

yes you are right, but no soldering them, just insert to K8-NC, K8-NO one relay broad terminal with two wire lap together then insert to the terminal

two wire labelled K8-NC, from K8@1and K8@2, spliced together insert to K8-NC named terminal

Thank you, for your answer… I will try it.

Kind regards from Faroe Islands

Hi @JMarkling,

Were you able to understand steps 21 and 22? I am still unclear about how to wire this after reading your post…If you were, I would appreciate some guidance. I am currently working on this wiring too.

CC: @Webb.Peter @TechBrainstorm

Thanks!
Adrian

I have done as descirbed below, but I havn’t gone testing it yet… If you look closly at the image, it reveales that the two black wires dosn’t connect to the board, its just two molex plugs interconnecting with the black wires.

@JMarkling thanks for the prompt reply!

@david does it make sense to wire the board this way?

I think that two black leads from GND Bus 1 and GND Bus 2 should be spliced together and to be inserted into one recepticles of Molex JR 3-Pos. Black leads represent GND (ground) which could be common (See picture below). Red leads go for K8-NC and K8-NO.

It seems that there is a type error in the step 32. Original text has:

Connect Molex JR 3-Pos Recepticles with “K8@1” and “K8@2” Labels, Spliced together with “K8-NC” and “K8-NO” labelled leads (WIR-HAR-0014) K8@1 black wire to GND Bus 1, Terminal 8, K8@2 black wire to GND Bus 2, Terminal 7, red wire labelled “K8-NC” to Relay Block K8-NC and red wire labelled “K8-COM” to Relay Block K8-COM

Shouldn’t it be like this:

"Connect Molex JR 3-Pos Recepticles with “K8@1” and “K8@2” Labels, Spliced together with “K8-NC” and “K8-NO” labelled leads (WIR-HAR-0014) K8@1 black wire to GND Bus 1, Terminal 8, K8@2 black wire to GND Bus 2, Terminal 7, red wire labelled “K8-NC” to Relay Block K8-NC and red wire labelled “K8-NO” to Relay Block K8-NO

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Alex, that’s how I have it wired. I’ll be testing soon to confirm if this is correct.

Does anyone know how to wire the “air flush” fan and ball valve? The fan has a power and ground wire and the ball valve has three more wires. How are these supposed to be wired to connect to the two-pos recepticle?

Hello all, I have looked at the wiring diagrams for a while now, in particular the wiring harness 0014. This is the one in step 32. I have drawn out a diagram that I put together from the images in the instructions. This is the overall diagram.

This is the main image that I used to make the design.

brain_panel_pass_thru_recepticles_back

I looked at some closeups which I put below. This helped with the order of the wires as they went into the Molex Mini Fit Jr. 3-Pos Receptacle (WIR-HOU-0014).

According to the instructions in the Wiring Harness excel sheet tab WIR-HAR-PCK-0001 (in mine it’s lines 26-31), I came up with this configuration for the K8@1 (upper) and K8@2 (lower) wiring and labeling diagram.

If you read the instructions for the K8@1 ‘End 2 Connector / Housing’, you see that it says ‘Splice into 12" lead, pos 2, @end-3"’, which I am assuming is the 12" lead from the K8@2 12" leads (see below).

Now here is where it gets tricky for me. Is this how it is truly done? If you look at a closeup of this photo, from the build, you see evidence of what looks like splicing of wires (I tried to trace back the wires to this position from the Molex Mini Fit Jr. 3-Pos Receptacle).

[brain_panel_post_routing_back]
(https://github.com/OpenAgInitiative/openag_pfc2/blob/master/Instructions/Photos/brain_panel_post_routing_back.jpg)

So it seems that @JMarkling was not totally off in his interpretation of the diagram, but @sllo offered an alternative manner in which to connect the harnesses. There is one thing that I am wondering about. Do you need to extend the lengths of the K8@1 harness to account for the 3" distance? Any thoughts and / or comments would be greatly appreciated.